Microloan Singapore / SME Loan In Singapore
Micro loan is a small Business loan designed for Singapore SME companies. Banks offer Microloan in conjunction with Enterprise Singapore. The loan amount can be as low as S$30,000.
Enterprise Singapore is an agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry responsible for helping Singapore enterprises grow and building trust in Singapore products and services. Enterprise Singapore helps the Local Singapore SMEs to grow faster through financing schemes such as the Local Enterprise Financial Scheme (LEFS) which help pave the way to business success.
The LEFS Micro Loan Scheme is designed to help the smaller SMEs secure financing which can be used for purchasing of equipment, machinery, inventory, increase of manpower or meeting working capital requirements.
This Singapore Micro Loan Scheme is a low cost financing programme offered under the Local Enterprise Financial Scheme (LEFS). It is collateral free. The maximum loan exposure under this programme is S$100,000 per company.
The maximum tenure for this Micro Loan Scheme is four years and the effective interest rate is at 5.5%p.a.
To help SMEs access micro loans, Enterprise Singapore shares the risk of loan defaults with Participating Financial Institutions in the event of company insolvency. To improve loan accessibility for young companies, Enterprise Singapore has increased the risk-share for SME Micro Loans to companies that are less than 3 years old.
Companies applying for the SME Micro Loans should meet the following criteria:
- Company registered and operating in Singapore
- At least 30% local shareholding
- Annual sales ≤ S$1m or ≤ 10 employees
Basic requirement for the micro loan application
- Must be Singapore registered SME company and at least 1 years in business
- Annual turnover S$150K and more
- You have 0 – 10 employees
- Minimum 30% shareholding by Singaporean or Singapore PR
- No more than 2 return cheques in 6 months
How To Apply for Micro Loan
1. Call and meet our consultants for professional advice.
2. Bring the following supporting documents for the meeting;
- Past 6 months Bank Statements
- Last 2 years Financial Statements
- Last 2 years Personal Income Tax Assessments of Directors
- Photocopy of directors’ NRIC (front & back)